Cantilever patio umbrellas are the best offset patio umbrellas and in fact the most popular ones too. You will get cantilever umbrella Costco and cantilever umbrellas Home Depot and if you are looking for them online you can feel free to look them up at Amazon.com.
What is the main purpose of us getting an outdoor umbrella? Shade? Do we just want an umbrella that provides shade? No. We need a standard patio umbrella that looks good while performing its basic functions.
There are certain points that need to be kept in mind before purchasing a cantilever patio umbrellas such as the size, color, umbrella height, adjusting options, the stand base, etc. These factors need to be narrowed down upon as per your needs. Through his article, we will help you choose the same.
Best Cantilever Patio Umbrellas Reviewed
1.10-Foot Curvy Aluminium Offset Umbrella
This umbrella is easily the number one option for the best cantilever umbrellas. It is very versatile and sturdy. It is 8-ribs are made with aluminum to be able to withstand harsh weather conditions. It has a large 10-foot canopy where easily 6-7 people can fit in.
2. Le Papillon 10-Foot Cantilever Outdoor Offset Patio Umbrella
These umbrellas come with no weights and provide excellent sun protection, it’s canopy is designed to provide protection from SPF and UPF. There is also a wind at the top of the canopy.
3.Patio Hanging Umbrella
Theis an 11-foot rectangular cantilever umbrella that is good for garden parties. It has a large canopy that provides shade to around 8 people. There are a variety of colors to pick from such as beige, red, dark green, chocolate, etc.
4. Sundale 10-Foot Hanging Roma Offset Umbrella Outdoor Patio
The beautiful colors it has to offer will definitely brighten up your patio or your poolside. It is easy to open and super easy to use. The pole of the umbrella is made out of heavy-duty aluminum to provide long-lasting durability.
How to Choose the Best Cantilever Umbrella:
Patio umbrellas enhance the look and feel of our patios and picking the best kind is very important. But before that let us first understand what is a cantilever umbrella? Also known as an offset or hanging patio umbrella, a cantilever umbrella is a very versatile umbrella that has a very strong base that helps it stand on the ground. There are many types of cantilever umbrellas.
Depending on the type the patio umbrella stands, differ. They can be either straight like how normal patio umbrellas are or they can be curved like that of a banana. The main feature of any cantilever umbrella is its angular, overhanging canopy design. It has a cantilever function through which you can tilt the umbrella in the direction that the sun rays are coming through. the
Therefore before choosing the best cantilever umbrella, considering the color isn’t the only important part; how it fits and adds to your outdoor decor is an important factor too. These factors and features should be taken into consideration as well.
- Canopy Size: The size of the canopy is one of the most important factors. Depending on how big a space you have you need to get an umbrella that fits accordingly. There are many patio umbrella sizes available in the market for you to pick as per your choice. For instance, the canopies of the Grand Patio, Le Papillon or the Sundale umbrellas, measures 10-feet which can provide enough shade for 4 to 6 people. Other umbrellas, like the Abba Patio or the Farland Patio Umbrella measure 11-feet, which is an extra generous amount of coverage for 6-8 people.
- Umbrella Height: The cantilever umbrella poles measure somewhere between 6 to 8 feet. However, commercial umbrellas may be much taller. Now you must be wondering why the height important? They are important to consider mainly for two reasons. The first one is if your yard is subjected to height restrictions and the second one being the weather conditions. If the umbrella is too tall it will be prone to damage due to winds.
- Cantilever adjustable options: Cantilever is designed with the intention of being able to tilt them in a certain direction. It comes with adjustable options at different angles. Some of them can be adjusted to 90-degrees and some to 360-degree.
- Construction: In order to support that huge canopy, the cantilever should be constructed in a way that the metal base and pole is strong. They are mostly made out of durable aluminum. While the umbrella may be designed for mild windy weather, it is advisable that you don’t use or leave your cantilever umbrella open in high winds. Closing it down or keeping it away is more recommended.
- Solid Base: A heavy-duty base is very important, something that is solid and can stand its ground while balancing the weight of the umbrella. Some cantilever umbrellas come with extra facilities such as the base that can be filled with sand or water to prevent it from turning over.
- Canopy Design and Material: There are a variety of canopy designs for you to pick from. There are also a variety of colors and styles available. The canopy material is very important, if the material cannot withstand heavy winds, sun rays, and rain then it is pointless altogether. The best material for a canopy of a cantilever umbrella is polyester.
cantilever patio umbrella is the best kind of patio umbrella. It has multiple functions and as compared to other umbrellas it is much more durable.