Tiling is an essential part of the construction, requiring high precision and perfection. You need to maintain accurate angles with your tiling, and it can be a difficult task to do so without the help of proper equipment.
Installation of tiles at different angles on the ceiling or wall could be tricky, but with the advent of laser level, this task has become much easier to perform. Although the market is flooded with a lot of laser levels, this review and buying guide will help you sift through the products and recommend you the best laser level for tile.
Choosing the proper equipment for your construction project can be a daunting task, but with our help, you can make an informed decision as a consumer. We have meticulously tested and reviewed the best laser levels that will improve the accuracy of your tile installation process. If you want our top recommendation, then we believe you should go for theas it offers the best features and value for money.
So, let’s look at the best brands that will help you get started on your construction project:
The Best Laser Level
The DEWALT DW088K is a compact and versatile line laser capable of accurately installing your tiles at precise angles. It takes the uncertainty out of your task and comes with a user-friendly design that will make your applications more convenient. It only has two buttons of operation, which means it is very easy to use.
The laser beams of the DW088K are bright and accurate, so you don’t have to face any visibility issues with this equipment, thus ensuring that you can get the job correctly without any issues.
- Application: Projects bright lights and accurate vertical and horizontal lines across each other. Helps with visibility issues during the installation process. It also has an impressive range of 165 feet.
- Durability: Comes with IP54 water and dust resistance, thus ensuring that the line laser is safe and operational during construction.
- Power: It is built-in with a class 2 laser capable of operating at 1.3mW @ 630 680nm. Its base has built-in magnets and a quarter-inch thread that makes for smooth mounting on metallic surfaces.
- Ease of Use: It has only two buttons and operates with AA batteries. The user-friendly design ensures that it is safe and convenient to operate for prolonged periods.
- Accessories: The DW088K comes with a laser along with 3 AA batteries, a vertically adjustable base, and a kit box.
- An impressive range of 165 feet with the detector.
- Accurate to 1/8 inch at a distance of 30 feet.
- 2 button operation makes it convenient to use.
- IP54 water and dust resistance.
- The laser is not bright enough when used outdoors.
This very affordable laser level provides a great value for the money purchase option for price-conscious buyers. It is a very desirable unit due to providing so many useful features under a compact body and such a low price tag. It is also very easy to use due to its user-friendly design and comes with a 2-year warranty.
This tool has the ability to display three lines, vertical, horizontal, and cross, during operation. Its laser light has a visibility of up to 50 feet and is sufficiently bright in indoor conditions. It has a handy feature, dubbed the self-leveling system, which means it knows when it is placed on an uneven surface.
- Application: Bright and visible light up to a distance of 50 feet and operates with high precision on vertical and horizontal lines.
- Durability: Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof body ensures that it will be a long-lasting product.
- Power: It operates with 4 AA batteries and can run continuously for 15-20 hours.
- Ease of Use: Has a self-leveling system that notifies the user when placed on uneven surfaces. It has one top button that ensures that it is easy to operate, and its lightweight nature means it is portable.
- Accessories: It is packed with 4 AA batteries, a magnetic base, and a user manual.
- Low power consumption ensures extended periods of operation
- It carries a very affordable price tag
- The self-leveling mode ensures quick operation
- It is hard to operate outdoors when facing direct sunlight
The GLL 55 from Bosch is a versatile laser level that is capable of carrying out a wide variety of applications due to its handy set of features. It is capable of delivering a formidable vertical and horizontal lines and has a self-leveling feature that saves time during operation.
Its 3-level system means it can also carry out the cross-line operation. Its lasers can operate independently, which is helpful because it enables this equipment to be used in various use cases. Visibility is adequate for indoor operation, with sufficient range that makes it an all-around good laser level.
- Application: The bright laser light ensures a range of up to 50 feet, and the 3-level operation mode ensures formidable vertical, horizontal, and cross-line operation.
- Durability: Made with plastic composite materials and an over-modeled sturdy body, it can endure harsh conditions at construction sites.
- Power: Operates with 3 AA batteries and constantly monitors power consumption to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
- Ease of Use: Its innovative systems ensure out-of-level conditions, and it only has two buttons for operation, which means that it is convenient to use.
- Accessories: It is packed with 3 AA batteries, a laser target plate, a hard carry case, and a magnetic mounting bracket.
- It’s bright lights ensure good visibility in indoor conditions
- 3 level operation is capable of delivering very accurate lines
- Independent lasers can be used in different scenarios
- It carries a steep price tag which may put off some buyers
The LL932201 laser level from SKIL is a lightweight and powerful device that is capable of performing tasks at a high level of accuracy. It is portable due to its lightweight construction and durable, thus it can last for a long time.
This self-leveling laser weighs less than 16 ounces and is packed with features that add more convenience to the tile installation process. It comes with its own tripod and has a line of accuracy of 3/16 of an inch, which is impressive considering its affordable price tag.
- Application: It projects a red light that is very bright and with a range of 65 feet, and the 360-degree level lines are precise and accurate to 3/16 of an inch
- Durability: It is designed in an ergonomic manner and can withstand the occasional bumps due to its sturdy construction
- Power: It comes with a lithium-polymer battery that is rechargeable and consumes low power during operation
- Ease of use: It comes with an adjustable tripod that can balance the device and enable you to conveniently position the product across uneven planes
- Accessories: It comes with a charging cord along with a lithium polymer rechargeable battery, 43-inch adjustable tripod, and a soft bag
- A rechargeable battery allows for convenient charging
- An adjustable tripod allows the device a high level of flexibility
- The lightweight design makes it portable
- It only works well in dark rooms
The Huepar Green laser level is an ideal option for using outdoors as it is visible and bright even when you are faced with direct sunlight. The one-button operation of this device means that there is no steep learning curve involved with this product, and you can easily operate it in an effective manner.
This unit is well shielded from the elements due to its durable construction, so you can effectively use this product outdoors without worrying about damaging it.
- Application: The green laser is twice as bright as a red laser, thus enabling you to use this product outdoors due to its high visibility.
- Durability: It is waterproof and dustproof, so you can use it outdoors effectively.
- Power: It operates with 4 AA batteries and is an energy-efficient device, thus consuming low power during operation.
- Ease of Use: This product operates with only a button. Thus, it is pretty simple to use.
- Accessories: It comes with a portable bag, a magnetic base, 4 AA batteries, and a user manual.
- The compact design makes it portable
- Water and dust resistant
- The self-leveling mode can be utilized in a wide range of scenarios
- It lacks a proper air filter
The Inspiritech laser level is a durable device that utilizes a high-intensity laser beam that can cover further distances with its light compared to other brands that use a traditional laser. It is a power-efficient device that can operate for long periods without having to recharge the batteries.
The 360-degree manual rotary base is built with heavy-duty materials and is flexible enough to reach a wide range of positions, enabling you to enjoy flexibility during your tile installation project.
- Application: The high-intensity laser transmitter can cover further distances, and it has 6 brightness adjustable options that allow it to work well across well-lit rooms.
- Durability: The magnesium alloy base is durable, and the shell is covered entirely with rubber, thus offering a high crush resistance.
- Power: It uses a 6000 mAh Lithium-ion battery that can operate for long periods of time due to its high energy efficiency.
- Ease of Use: It has an intelligent control chip that allows for controlling all the functions with the help of a single button.
- Accessories: It comes with a rechargeable battery along with a charger, goggles, a user manual, and a carrying bag.
- It has one-touch controls that allow for easy and smooth operation
- The laser light has great visibility
- It has a tilt function which allows for greater flexibility
- The batteries do not last very long
The Firecore laser level comes with integrated magnets that allow for smooth operation. It is a highly accurate laser level, capable of installing tiles to 1/8 of an inch. The light is visible across well-lit rooms, and the IP55 water and debris resistance ensure that this rugged device can withstand drops from a height of 3.3 feet without breaking.
- Application: It has three modes of lasers and can perform plumb, level, and cross-line operation.
- Durability: This rugged laser level comes with IP55 water and debris resistance, and it has been tested to function even after falling at the height of 3.3 feet.
- Power: It can be operated with 2 AA batteries.
- Ease of Use: One button operation for all functions. Thus, it is simple to use.
- Accessories: It comes with 2 AA batteries, a user manual, and a carrying bag.
- It only weighs 10.6 ounces and is portable.
- IP55 water and debris resistance allows for heavy-duty operation
- Its laser beams can be pointed at all angles
- The laser level is not leveled across all plains
How to Find the Best Laser Level?
Laser levels come with a wide variety of features and use cases, and as a consumer, it can sometimes be very challenging to identify the right laser level for your project.
This is why we have prepared an in-depth buying guide full of FAQs and standard features that the best laser level should possess. It is designed to make your life as a customer more accessible, so sit back and read through to identify the features that make a laser level stand out from the rest of its competitors.
A laser level should be designed with durability in mind because it must operate across rugged and challenging conditions. That is why if you see a brand that boasts an IP54 or IP55 water and dust resistance, you should go for that brand because it will offer added protection during your construction project. A laser level that’s shell is made of rubber can also offer a good amount of drop resistance and shielding from the harsh elements.
A laser level should be capable of performing tasks with high accuracy. Otherwise, your tiles won’t fit perfectly and will leave gaps through your wall or ceiling. When shopping for a laser level, look for the accuracy markers of that device. A top-quality brand can perform operations with an accuracy of less than half an inch.
It is vital for a laser level to have lights that can be seen across large distances. The best laser level should have a visibility of more than 50 feet, thus allowing you the good specification to perform your operation in a smooth manner. Laser levels that transmit green lights have greater visibility and can be seen outdoors better than red lights, so keep that in mind when looking for a new laser level.
Self-Leveling Cross Liner
The best brands have a self-leveling system that can indicate with their smart sensors when the plane is not level. Thus, you can complete your tasks quickly by positioning your laser level in the best possible position.
Some laser levels can cost hundreds of dollars, but if you want a product that represents the best value for money, you can expect to find a good laser level under the $100 price tag. Sometimes, spending extra money won’t get you the best product, so you should look to find out a laser level that offers plenty of features for a relatively small price tag.
Why Choosing the Best Laser Level is So Important for you?
If you have read the whole article, you should know by now why it is vital to buy the best laser level. For example – tile installation is a challenging task, but with a fantastic laser level, you can perform your work in a smooth and efficient manner. You can get the job done right and with high accuracy. Below are some of the reasons why this is important:
- A top-quality laser level comes with the self-leveling feature to make your life more convenient.
- The best laser level comes with water and dust resistance and is durable, which can help it to withstand the harsh conditions at a construction site.
- They are lightweight and compact, thus making themselves portable, so you can easily carry them around and position them to your liking.
- They come with top-quality lasers visible across large distances and can be used outdoors under direct sunlight.
Maintenance of your laser level
The best laser level doesn’t require much maintenance or upkeep, and they are durable and water-resistant, so you can store them anywhere you like. Despite that, you should be careful with your maintenance as it can easily get damaged if you store it in a hazardous location. Follow these best practices written below to ensure good maintenance of your laser level:
- You should always use proper calibration before storing your laser level, as it can prolong the life of this device.
- The internal component of a laser level is sensitive, so never drop or shake your laser level.
- If you lack expertise, you should never open the laser level or disassemble the device.
- The laser level should continuously be operated by a skilled technician
- Use it near concrete pours so that it can be protected from concrete splashes
- While using a tripod, always ensure that the base of the tripod is broad enough and the surface is stable enough to support the laser level
Hopefully, after going through the entire article, we believe we have sufficiently aided you in your search to buy the best laser level. Although this article lists our recommendations, you are free to look around for other brands, but we believe that the laser levels listed in this article are the best tools installation projects. Thank you for reading this guide, and stay by our side for more in-depth reviews and buying guides in the future.